Monday, September 8, 2008

Bran Muffins


This recipe is in the family cookbook from Aunt Janie, but I know some people who read the blog don't have the family cookbook. I made these yesterday and they are amazing!


2 cups All Bran Cereal (I actually used Fiber One because it was a LOT cheaper and they turned out great)
2 cups boiling water, pour over cereal and stir until cool
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups oil or applesauce (I used applesauce, it makes them VERY moist)
4 eggs
1 quart buttermilk
STIR and then ADD:
4 cups Bran Buds or Flakes
5 tsp. soda
5 tsp. salt
6 cups flour

Stir well. Bake muffins at 375* for 15-20 minutes, depending on oven. You can add raisins or chocolate chips to the recipe if you like. This recipe makes a ton, but the batter will keep in the fridge for up to 6 weeks. Or, you can half it, like I did. The muffins are easy and great for a quick breakfast. They will freeze well also.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails