Monday, April 6, 2009

Sesame Chicken Rice Bowls



I tried it I liked it.
Recipe from here: http://24hourmenu.blogspot.com/search/label/Main%20dish

4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/4 cup Kraft Asian Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing (I bought light reduced fat-good!)
1/4 cup orange juice
3 to 4 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables (just put in as much as you like)
3 to 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice (again... as much as you would like)
1/4 cup chopped peanuts (I left this out..but go for it)

Heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 5-7 minutes. or until cooked through. If you would like to add a little kick then add 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper (Cayenne Pepper). I don't like really hot things, but I loved the little bit of a kick the Cayenne pepper added!

Stir in dressing and juice. Bring to a boil. (The recipe calls for 1/4 cup of both liquids. Next time I will do 1/3 cup of both though. I would have preferred more dressing, so there was some on my rice. So, adjust this to your preference.) Add vegetables; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Serve over rice. Sprinkle with nuts.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails