Betty Crocker Website
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup marshmallow creme
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, cocoa and flour. Add sour cream, 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and the egg; stir until stiff dough forms.
2. Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Press each ball to flatten slightly.
3. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
4. In small bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer until light and fluffy. For each cookie pie, spread about 2 teaspoons filling on bottom of 1 cooled cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; gently press cookies together.
5. In small bowl, stir together topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops of cookie pies. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.