Friday, December 31, 2010

Sticky Chex Mix

I really wanted to make this for New Year's Eve and had to look all over for the recipe...so I thought I would post it here for future reference. This is the chex mix I am sure we all know and love.

I am adding this picture so we have an idea of what this looks like, the blog I got this from made a holiday version by adding sprinkles and 1 cup candy cane dust, which you can make by putting candy canes in a food processor or coffee grinder. Yum I really want to try this!
1 cup karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cubes butter
1 large box Rice Chex
2 oz. sliced almonds (if you have time, you can toast them)
3 oz. coconut

In a large bowl, combine the cereal, almonds and coconut. In a saucepan, bring the corn syrup, sugar and butter to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Pour over cereal mixture and mix well. Spread onto a cookie sheet or large sheet of wax paper to cool. Cover to store.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails