Saturday, April 26, 2008

homemade granola bars!! mmmm!!


THis recipe comes from http://www.makeandtakes.com/
Chewy Granola Bars Recipe:
2 1/2 c. Oats - quick rolled oats
1/2 c. Rice Krispies
1/4 c. coconut,( optional)
1/2 c. M&M minis, mini reese's pieces or mini chocolate chips, raisins or whatever you like!
1/2 c. brown sugar
dash of salt
1/2 c. butter, melted or substitute peanut butter
1/4 c. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Add all of the ingredients and mix together until combined. Press into a square 8×8 pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and score into bars. Let it set completely and then cut into bars. It takes awhile to cool completely, sometimes a hour..I usally stick mine in the freezer to speed up the process which also helps harden up the bar so it is less crumbly. Then after I cut them I store them in the fridge in a ziplock to keep them fresh tasting (although they are good left out too).
The last time I made these I did half butter and half peanut butter and melted both so that the ingredients stuck together a little better. I also tried 1 cup krispies and 2 cups. oatmeal which I really liked but you don't have to do. It made it taste a little more like the quaker granola bars.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails