Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mother's Circus Animal Cookies

So I'll just tell you up front that I have never tried these but man, they look so good! I loved these as a child! So whenever I come across a recipe that I want to make and don't have time right now..I post it here so I can find it later or so you can try it and tell me if it was good.


Bake a batch of sugar cookies.
Use a mini cookie cutter, about 1.5 - 2″ in diameter.
Dip baked cookies into melted almond bark or any white chocolate or vanilla chocolate candy coating.
Cover with sprinkles.
Recipe for sugar cookies(use any but this one is from http://www.vanillajoy.com/)
For this particular recipe it is reccomended that you half the recipe since the cookies are small it makes more than enough

2 c. sugar
6 eggs
1 t. vanilla
6 c flour
2 T. baking powder
1 ½ t. salt
2 c. shortening or butter
Refrigerate for 2 hours; Bake 8 minutes at 375 degrees. (Wherever possible I substitute butter for shortening and then only use half of the recommended amount. I also use only 2/3 of the sugar. Cutting out butter and sugar make cookies much less unhealthy. But that doesn’t mean you can eat more!!!)
Yield: approximately 3 dozen

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails