Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bobby Flay's Fish Tacos

I feel like Bobby and I are old friends. I have watched him on the Food Network a lot and I think I really trust his cooking, although this is the first recipe I have tried. This was in the Parade Magazine a few weeks ago and I thought it looked good, so I tried it. It was great and really easy to make. The recipes were for foods that kids will love, so hey, maybe your kids will even like it!

8 flour tortillas
1/2 cup sour creme
1/4 cup favorite salsa
salt and pepper
3 flounder or haddock fillets, 8 oz each (or whatever fish you have on hand)
2 tbsp. canola oil
juice of 2 fresh limes
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 ripe tomatoes, diced
2 cups red cabbage, shredded
fresh cilantro (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and warm in oven
2. Whisk together sour creme and salsa in a small bowl, season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a grill or nonstick pan over high heat. Brush the fish on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook fish until golden brown on both sides, about 4 min per side. Remove to plate, drizzle with fresh lime juice. Let rest for 5 minutes. Flake the fish into large pieces.
4. Set up a taco bar with the remaining ingredients in small bowls. Put the fish in the tortilla and then top with desired ingredients.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails