Friday, April 30, 2010

St. Patty's Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes and Carrots

On St. Patrick's Day my mom would always cook up Corned Beef in a pot with potatoes, cabbage and carrots. If you've never had corned beef before it is brine cured beef, it has a salty flavorful taste sort of like ham and when you cook your potatoes etc., with it they pick up that flavor and taste so yummy. So this year I finally made my own.


1 Corned Beef Brisket (usually comes with a seasoning packet)
potatoes chunked
carrots cut in half
1/2 cabbage cut into 4 chunks
1 cup water

I put mine in the crockpot with the potatoes, cabbage and carrots and it couldn't have been easier, mine cooked between 4-6 hours.  Beef will start to fall apart and you can cut through it easily.  You can also cook this on the stove in a pot for a couple hours instead which is how my mom would do it or you can bake, but I haven't tried either of these methods.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails