Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Milky Way Ice Cream


I love this chocolate ice cream with the marshmallow creme mixed in.  I don't think I will ever make chocolate ice cream again without it!

Picky Palate

3 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
(or you could do 2 c. cream, 2 c. half and half)
3/4 cup sweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cups sugar
pinch of salt
8 ounces Marshmallow Fluff
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 Regular Sized 3 Milky Way Candy Bars (I left this out because they get to hard to chew when they are cold)

1. Over medium heat, combine milk, cream, cocoa powder, sugar and salt until sugar is dissolved. (I only added the cream and when the mixture was heated and dissolved I added the cold half and half to help cool it faster.)  Remove from heat and add in marshmallow fluff and vanilla. Stir to combine.
2. Allow to chill in refrigerator for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
3. Once chilled, stir in chopped candy bar pieces and add to ice cream maker. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails