From Mel's Kitchen Café
This Banana bread is sooo sooo yummy, I love the addition of the cinnamon in the batter.
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks, 3/4 cup) butter, softened to room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese, light or regular, softened to room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large bananas)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Topping: I double the topping
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until very light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and bananas.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- In a small bowl, mash together the topping ingredients until combined and crumbly.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the bread is nicely domed and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let rest in the pans for 5-10 minutes before turning out on a cooling rack to cool completely.