This is one of our favorites!
From The Northern Nest
For the sauce:
1/2 cup palm sugar or white sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoon tamarind
1/2 cup water
2 TBL. chili sauce
1 TBL. sesame oil
For the Noodles:
16 oz package of rice noodles linguine width
3 chicken thighs, diced
1/2 white onion sliced thin
3 cloves garlic minced
2 TBL. peanut oil
Veggies to serve with the noodles
2 green onions, diced
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
1/4 c. roasted salted or unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Start by making the Pad Thai sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat on low until the palm sugar is dissolved.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, increase heat to a quick boil (a few seconds) and then remove from heat. The sauce is finished.
- Then you want to cook rice noodles according to the package. When done rinse under cold water and shake apart so they do not stick , add a little sesame oil to keep them from sticking together.
- Once you have that ready you can sweat out your onion and garlic, when they become fragrant add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink.
- Add chicken mixture and sauce to noodles and stir to combine.
- Serve with veggie plate for individuals to top with whatever they want.